Create a digital SWOT using RACE
Learn how to lay out and populate an omnichannel SWOT-TOWS analysis as part of situation analysis using the RACE planning framework
It’s highly likely you have heard of the SWOT technique because it’s widely used to help review the effectiveness of business and marketing plans. It’s used as part of the situation analysis stage during the strategic planning process to inform these plans.
In this module, we’ll show you a less well-known but highly effective form of SWOT known as TOWs which is better for developing alternative strategies. We’ll also show how it can be applied to digital marketing planning referencing RACE.
Our recommended tool for creating a SWOT is our Marketing SWOT analysis and strategy prioritization workbook template.
- The SWOT layout
- How TOWS addresses the weaknesses of SWOT
- Applying the SWOT technique to digital plans
- Creating a digital SWOT using RACE
- Creating a key issues summary
- Test your understanding
- Create an omnichannel or digital channel-specific SWOT
- Explain why a TOWs matrix is a more powerful technique compared to a simple SWOT