Select strategic digital priorities
Learn how to define a digital strategy to meet your goals by reviewing alternative strategic priorities and selecting those that are most appropriate.
Management guru Michael Porter has observed that: “The essence of strategy is choosing what NOT to do”
This quote seems particularly appropriate to creating a digital marketing strategy because within omnichannel marketing, we have to decide where to prioritize our limited investment and resource available for many digital marketing activities which compete for our time and budget.
So, using a structured approach to prioritize the most important activities to work on is at the heart of creating an effective omnichannel marketing strategy. In this module we explain how to prioritize by exploring four mindtools to help select and schedule the most appropriate strategic initiative available in our situation analysis and strategy prioritization template.
- Strategic initiatives
- Using SWOT to identify priorities
- Aligning strategic initiatives to support objectives
- Objective – Strategy Alignment Grid
- Selecting the most relevant strategic initiatives
- Strategic initiative roadmap
- Knowledge Check
- Review the main types of investment in digital marketing
- Use different mindtools to prioritize strategic digital initiatives based on their cost/benefit