Define resources and team structure
Learn how to review your current marketing resources and how they are structured for effective digital marketing
How to structure digital teams and skills is a particular challenge for larger businesses where there is typically a small digital team working with other teams working in brand, product and communications increasingly having to use digital skills as part of their work.
What the ideal digital marketing team looks like and how it integrates with the broader marketing organisation will naturally depend on the type of business and its size, but there are some common activities that need to be managed.
Throughout this module you can compare potential structures to your current situation and plan for future changes.
Our Structuring a digital team template looks at options for structuring marketing teams for different types of organization.
Our Employee Skills Development Learning Path recommends an approach for reviewing team member skills and identifying improvements.
- Alternative structures for integrating digital activities
- Different digital resourcing roles
- Different resourcing structures
- The Digital Centre of Excellence Summary
- Review and suggest the type of new roles for digital marketing that may be required in an organization
- Review and suggest alternative options for team structures that may be required for digital marketing
- Review the relevance of a digital/marketing centre of excellence for an organization